Updated: May 2, 2020 at 11:30 AM
Dear valued patients and families of Magnolia Orthodontics,
We are very excited to announce that starting Monday, May 4, 2020, we will reopen! After initially extending the closure to May 11th, the state dental board voted late Thursday, April 30th to add orthodontic services to the list of essential dental services, permitting us to perform all patient procedures starting May 4th. If your appointment for this week was rescheduled and you would still like to come in this week, please call us at 601-261-5552!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
In order to help protect our patients and staff, we have implemented some changes to our office workflow. Here is what you can expect at your next visit:
- Please brush and floss your teeth PRIOR to your visit as brushing stations will be closed.
- When you arrive to our office, please text 601-258-5114 so we can check you in and please wait in your car until we have a chair ready for you!
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions related to COVID-19.
- Only the patient will be allowed back to the clinical treatment area. Young children or new patients may be accompanied by a single guardian.
- Every person entering the building will have his/her temperature checked and will be asked to apply hand sanitizer. If temperature reading is >100.4°F, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that everyone entering the building wear a face covering (mask, scarf, fabric, etc.). We encourage wearing the face covering until we are rendering treatment.
- All patients will be seated >6 feet apart in our treatment bay.
- As always, all surfaces in our treatment area will be disinfected after every patient and all common areas (door knobs, front desk and counters, etc.) will be disinfected several times throughout the day.
- All administrative and clinical staff will be wearing appropriate PPE at all times. All staff members will have their temperatures checked and asked screening questions each day.
- All appointments will be as brief as possible and aerosol-producing procedures will be kept to a minimum.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you have not been contacted already to reschedule your postponed appointment, please call our office at 601-261-5552 or text us at 601-258-5114.
Dr. Suzanna Nida and the Magnolia Orthodontics Team